Join our virtual 'Big Cream Tea' and help finish our new HQ!
It's National 'Cream Day' on 26th June, so we thought we'd celebrate that weekend by getting people involved by hosting as many 'Cream Teas' as we can in a safe way!
So here's how it works!
- Have a ‘Cream Tea’ at home and make a donation
- Have a virtual ‘Cream Tea’ online with friends and ask for donations
- Have a socially distanced ‘Cream Tea’ for 6 in your garden or park and ask for donations
- Arrange to deliver cream teas to your friends and neighbours for them to enjoy in their gardens!
You can arrange it anytime to suit, either on 'National Cream Tea Day' on Friday 26th June, or over the weekend of 27th or 28th June.
JUST MAKE YOUR DONATION HERE:
We will be running a competition for the 'best adult host' and will award 3 children's prizes for the best 'Sea Scouting themed' cream tea! Winners will receive certificates and a cookery book ...... see below!
SAFE SERVING SUGGESTION
You can buy 'mini jam' pots and individual 'clotted cream' pots to serve safely to your guests and avoid contact or deliver round to neighbours too.
They are often sold in larger multi-packs, so why not share with a group of friends and each organise a cream tea?
You can find 'Roddas' 40g pots on-line but they usually are sold frozen in packs of 48
You can also find multi-packs of individual pots on line too
See if you can win a prize!
Upload your photos* to share your 'Cream Tea' celebrations with us and see if you can win a cookery book!
You can either:
- Post to Facebook www.facebook.com/2wkseascouts
- Tweet to @2wkseascouts or
- Email email@example.com to win a prize!
1 adult prize for the 'Best Host' award!
3 children's prizes for 'Best Sea Scouting Themed Cream Tea'!
* Please note all photos received may be used for publicity purposes
Here's some leaflets we've made to help you!
You can download a flyer to personalise and use if you want to deliver cream teas to your neighbours or an invitation you can fill in to invite your friends/neighbours to join you.