Phase 2 'Building a Future': Our new HQ
The 2nd phase of our new HQ project is to build a new HQ in St Nicholas Park, Warwick, next to the Leisure Centre.
The new HQ facility will have one large main hall, a training room, boat maintenance room, equipment storage, toilets, changing rooms, kitchen and access to suit anybody with physical disabilities.
A new HQ will build our future by:
- Providing a larger meeting place for and allow us to open new Beaver and Cub packs
- Increasing the number of youngsters who can join in, whilst providing the best possible scouting experience
- Providing a new community resource in a central, strategic location in Warwick
- Guaranteeing the future of the only local Sea Scout Group in Warwick and one of the best in the country
- Providing for youngsters with disabilities
2020 is our 60th anniversary year.
Help us build our new HQ to celebrate!
We broke ground on Phase 2 of our 'Building a Future Project' in November 2019 and the foundations are now underway! See below to follow progress on the build.
November 19: Greswolde Construction begin work on site!
January 2020: The entrance to our new scout HQ will be between these foundation pads!
February 2020: Our steel structure has arrived and is now in place!
CAN YOU SPONSOR OR SUPPLY GOODS TO FIT OUT OUR HUT?
We still need £30k to complete building our new HQ by April 2020 along additional funds to fit out the building.
Can you or your company donate the doors, sports flooring, carpet tiles/vinyl, ceilings, sanitary ware, heating systems, internal lighting, ICT infrastructure, Security Systems, a Fire alarm or other key items?
See the table opposite for current suggestions on items/costs/suppliers.
We also need to install a commercial kitchen!