Our new HQ Initiative
Our aim is to continue to be one of the best Royal Navy Recognised Groups in the country, offering the best scouting experience to more local youngsters, whilst supporting our local community.
To do this we need a new larger meeting place as our current hut is in a bad state of repair.
It will also allow us to open up a new Beaver and Cub pack and expand our Scouts and Explorers. A new HQ will build our future by:
- Providing a larger meeting place for and allow us to open new Beaver and Cub packs
- Increasing the number of youngsters who can join in, whilst providing the best possible scouting experience
- Providing a new community resource in a central, strategic location in Warwick
- Guaranteeing the future of the only local Sea Scout Group in Warwick and one of the best in the country
- Providing for youngsters with disabilities
We have secured planning for a 3 phase project, having made our substantive start in Nov 2017.
Phase 1: Renovate/extend our jetties (£100k) and build a new boatyard (£20k) - during 2018
Phase 2: Build a new HQ Building next to the St Nicholas Leisure Centre in Warwick. Target 2019
Phase 3: Renovate our current hut into a riverside boathouse.
The new HQ facility will have one large main hall, a training room, boat maintenance room, equipment storage, toilets, changing rooms, kitchen and access to suit anybody with physical disabilities.
So far, we have raised over £170k from our own fundraising, local companies and trusts but need to urgently raise more money in 2018. We need ...
- £50k by June 18 - to build our jetties & boatyard
- £150k by Sept 18 - to act as seed funding for large grants
- £400k balance of funds to complete the building of our new HQ