What is My.Scout?
My.Scout is the parent part of the Online Scout Manager (OSM) system that 2nd Warwick Group uses to reduce the time leaders have to spend on administration tasks.
My.Scout gives parents access to the:
list of payment schedules (we use GoCardless via OSM)
list of Beaver/Cub/Scout/Explorer events
history of all emails sent to you
"Beaver/Cub/Scout/Explorer’s" personal details (via an additional layer of security).
Read our ‘how tos’ below to find out more.
How to set up a My.Scout account
You will receive an invitation encouraging you to set up an account. Click on the link to go to the account set-up page. This will look something like what you see below.
2. On the account creation page check that your Childs's name is shown (in this case "Freda". Click on the blue "Create Account" button in the bottom left hand corner.
3. On the account creation page check that your Child's name is shown (in this case "Freda". Click on the blue "Create Account" button in the bottom left hand corner.
4. You'll receive a message confirming that the account has been created. You are now ready to use My.Scout.
5. If you already have a My.Scout account, then when you click on the link in the invitation email you'll be asked if you want to add a second child to your account. Click on the blue button again. Remember, you will receive separate invitation emails for each of your children and you must go through this process for each of them.
How to use your My.Scout account
1. Click on the "Account" drop down in the top right hand corner to change your password or logout.
2. If you have more than one child you will see each of their names next the the "Accounts" drop down. Click on the name to open a drop down that will allow you to switch between the two.
3. The main menu at the top of the page gives you a number of options for managing your child's activities with 2nd Warwick.
4. When you click on the "Personal Details" menu option you'll be asked to enter your child's date of birth. This is an additional security check to protect personal data.
5. Some of the personal details are editable - they're the ones in the white text boxes.
6. Personal details that you cannot edit appear as white text. You can contact a Scout Leader if you want to change any of these details.
How to set up a direct debit with GoCardless
1. Click on the link in your invitation email. It will take you to your payments page on the Online Scout Manager website.
2. Click on the Setup Subscription button to open the OSM GoCardless subscription page.
3. On the OSM GoCardless subscription page enter your email address, first name, last name, address and your bank sort code and account number and then choose a GoCardless password. (Note that you are NOT paying on behalf of an organisation - leave that checkbox blank).
4. When you've completed all the necessary fields click on the "Continue" button at the bottom of the page.
5. You do get a chance to check your bank details again before confirming. If you've made a mistake click the "change" link to correct, otherwise click the "Confirm" button.
6. You'll be taken back to your Online Scout Manager Account with the status showing that a "Direct debit is active". You can cancel the direct debit at any time by clicking on the red button.
7. You'll receive a confirmation email with details of the direct debit and links to your GoCardless account. Store this safely for future reference.
Many thanks to Wildfire ESU for their excellent guide to OSM